michaelcrane

Progress: 90/1054 minutes
Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages
We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson, Thomas Ott, Jonathan Lethem

I just finished the audiobook this morning. Wow. I'm going to think on this before I attempt a review, but I really enjoyed it. After it was finished, the story felt like the beginnings of an urban legend about haunted houses you always heard about when you were little. "Don't go to that house. Don't you know what happened there?"

Of course, there are no ghosts in this. But there are monsters, in a way... Monsters of all shapes and sizes.

An ugly, ugly, and unsettling story. But superbly done and delightfully demented (hey, maybe that'll be the title of my review!).