michaelcrane

Progress: 90/1054 minutes
Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 160 out of 442 pages.

Kafka on the Shore - Philip Gabriel, Haruki Murakami

I'm loving this novel. That chapter with the cats being murdered was a tough one to get through, although there was a nightmare feel to it all. And now, I'm not sure if it even happened in the first place. It might've been some sort of strange and twisted dream after all. (sorry for the minor spoiler, but it really isn't much of a spoiler because I truly do not know right now)

But either way, that chapter didn't ruin the book for me. I knew I should press on, and I'm glad that I did. Like I said in an earlier post the reason why I'm able to look past that and I couldn't in Ballard's HIgh-Rise is because none of the people seemed human to me, which took away a lot of my enjoyment. I know that was the point, but it still wore me out and I couldn't force myself to go any further with it. But with Murakami, everybody seems real. Nobody's flat.

And if it isn't painfully clear by now, Murakami is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors.