michaelcrane

Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Random Babble 9/12/14

Ever since I found that random words generator site, I've been on a writing roll this week. I'm currently over 6K words for the week. I'm really happy with that, even if I'm just doing writing prompts. It's still writing to me. And it might be stuff that'll eventually be used for something else in the future.

It's been fun. Takes me back Columbia College Chicago, where we would throw out random words and see if we could see a scene or a story take place in our heads. For instance, if somebody said "beach ball," you'd picture that and see what would take place. Maybe a scene would happen that didn't even involve a beach ball, yet was somehow sparked by the very word.

In case you missed it, here's the website: http://creativitygames.net/random-word-generator

It's really a helpful way to get some writing done when you think you're out of ideas.