michaelcrane

Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Writing! Yay!

I know, clever title. Right?

I'm so happy right now. I've done more writing this month than all of last year.

Posting this, I'm not trying to brag. While I'm insanely happy, I also hope to help those who are struggling. I know a few writers follow me here. I struggled with one of the worst dry writing spells of my life last year--it even got to a point where I feared I'd lost my passion for writing.

It can be done. Try changing your routine. Write a little every day. You don't have to write thousands upon thousands of words each day. Start out small. It'll lead to better writing days.

What works best for me is to get some writing done early on in the day, even if it's only a few hundred words to start. That way if something comes up later that day where I can't write more, at least I have something to show for the day.

Keep it up! :) You'll have your bad writing days...but you'll also have your extremely awesome ones as well.