michaelcrane

Progress: 90/1054 minutes
Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Deadpool just wants to be part of the ol' gang!

Deadpool: X Marks the Spot - Shawn Crystal, Daniel Way, Paco Medina

This was the second full volume of Deadpool that I've read, and I couldn't have picked a better second read--well, I probably could. Everything I've read so far has been crazy awesome.

Deadpool Vol. 3: X Marks the Spot is full of crazy-awesome action and non-stop mouthing off from our favorite Merc with a Mouth.

The first part of the volume deals with him wanting to be a pirate. Because pirates are cool. And Deadpool has a crap load of money and ammo to make it happen, dammit! Even if there is already a gang of nasty not-so-blackbeards who want to rain on his parade.

While that part is awesome, the standout star of the volume is "Want You to Want Me," when Deadpool decides he wants to be part of the X-Men team--whether they want him or not. So many times I laughed out loud. And there was a very clever twist. To explain it any more, it'd require me to give away the surprises. Nuts to that!

Deadpool doesn't care about giving away spoilers. I do, on the other hand.

Highly, highly recommend this volume. If you're just getting into Deadpool, this is another awesome starting point.

5 stars