michaelcrane

It
Stephen King
Progress: 1119/1477 pages

R.I.P. Terry Pratchett :(

The world has lost another literary giant today. And to a terrible, terrible disease to boot. My grandpa died of Alzheimer's a couple of years ago, and it is a terrible thing to see somebody suffer.

I confess I have yet to read Terry Pratchett. He's always been on my radar, and by now you know sometimes it takes me a while to finally get to some of those must-reads. My list is ever growing. I doubt I'll ever reach the end of it.

Still, that doesn't make this any easier to write. I always feel sad when an author passes. It bums me out to no end, even though a part of me is happy he's no longer suffering. It's still hard as hell to accept.

Neil Gaiman wrote a beautiful piece on the man. So instead of me blabbing, I'll post the link to his essay. It's long, but it's certainly worth the read.

My favorite quote:

"I rage at the imminent loss of my friend. And I think, 'What would Terry do with this anger?' Then I pick up my pen, and I start to write."