michaelcrane

Michael's Book Babble

It
Stephen King
Progress: 1119/1477 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 271 out of 393 pages.

Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn

At this point (well, even before this point), I'm pretty confident that I know who the killer is. The book isn't being very subtle about it, and you know what? I respect the hell out of Flynn for that. Sometimes mysteries can have their downfalls by trying to go over-the-top clever with having the crimes committed by somebody you'd never expect. And also because of that, you usually suspect any minor character who comes into play thinking, "Oh, it's probably that person. I mean, why else introduce us to him/her?"

That's not how it is with this. We're slowly learning things, and pretty much in the middle of the book the pieces begin to fit. That to me is far more satisfying and unsettling.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. I hope not.