michaelcrane

Stephen King
Progress: 1244/1477 pages

A mixed bag so far; but enjoying this more than SMOKE & MIRRORS

Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances - Neil Gaiman

(I'm not adding this to my shelf yet, because I keep switching between numerous short story collections.)

A little over 70 pages in, and so far I dig this collection. However, it is a mixed bag. Not everything has worked--yet I've found this to be much more enjoyable than Smoke & Mirrors. There are some really strong stories. "'The Truth is a Cave in the Black Mountains...'" is my favorite so far, and is worth the price of the collection alone.

Still too early to have a definitive opinion, but right now I can honestly say I'm enjoying it.

I'm reading this instead of listening to the audiobook because I love the way Gaiman plays with different formats. The current story I'm on is written as answers to interview questions--we only see the answers and not what was asked.