michaelcrane

Progress: 90/1054 minutes
Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

The dark side of streaming

Please excuse me for a non-book related post.

I love streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Instant. But there's a dark side to that. And that's nothing stays forever.

I became a huge fan of Doctor Who only a couple of years ago (I know, it's sad it took me so long to get with it). It was when we were living at the apartment. My wife was working a ton during those few months, which left me with a lot of time to myself when I'd get home from work.

I discovered Doctor Who because of Netflix. I quickly went through all of the seasons (the modern one--still trying to play catch-up on the classic years). I became hooked. Addicted. And in the back of my mind, I knew... I just knew...

Buy the effin' series. Do not depend on it to be on Netflix forever.

And so I did. Bought them on Blu Ray. Even on Amazon Instant in case I ever wanted to take a few episodes with me on the go. And boy, am I glad...

Sad news, fellow streamers. If you're a huge fan of Doctor Who and watch the show through Netflix... You may want to sit down before you read this.

The dark side of streaming. If you love something on Netflix, enough to the point where you want to watch it over and over again--you may want to grab it whenever you get a chance.

Physical copies.