michaelcrane

Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Random NaNoWriMo Babble 11/10/14

If you're stuck, try writing journal entries by one of your characters. The character can reflect on the past, or what's happening to him/her presently. Or maybe it's an entry about something you haven't even written yet. It counts. The main goal in NaNoWriMo is to keep writing!

Remember, it's a first draft after all. You can do whatever the hell you want, and it can be as messy as it needs to be. If it's good enough to where you want to re-write it all when you've finished, then you can tighten it up and clean it. And hell, those random entries you wrote? They might end up coming into play somehow on the second draft. You never know.

But just keep writing. That's all you have to do. No matter what it takes, keep writing. This is just one of the tricks to keep you going. I'm sure you'll find some of your own along the way.

Happy Writing to those participating as we begin Week 2!