michaelcrane

Progress: 90/1054 minutes
Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

A wonderful, strange, and brilliant trilogy

The MaddAddam Trilogy: Oryx and Crake; The Year of the Flood; MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood

Since I’ve reviewed all three books, I’ll keep this short and sweet. Margaret Atwood’s MaddAddam trilogy is an excellent series and could be one of my favorite trilogies ever. It was a fascinating, heart-breaking, and even at times frightening journey that I really enjoyed taking.

My favorite book of the series is The Year of the Flood, which is funny because when I first started reading/listening to it, I didn’t think it’d be anywhere near as good as Oryx and Crake. Boy, was I wrong. The characters felt so much stronger in this second book. You get a fuller picture of the people.

While MaddAddam may not have been the strongest of the bunch, it was still a very solid and satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

Overall, a fantastic set of books. I really enjoyed them. The audiobooks are great too, although be warned that the first one read by Campbell Scott isn’t my favorite when it comes to audiobooks. Not that he’s a bad reader or anything, his style is just very understated. I thought the other readers did a better job.

A wonderfully strange and exhilarating series altogether.

My reviews for each book:

Oryx and Crake review: