michaelcrane

Michael's Book Babble

It
Stephen King
Progress: 1119/1477 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 364 out of 518 pages.

The Year of the Flood (MaddAddam #2) - Margaret Atwood

This book is amazing.

I know at the start I said I thought Oryx and Crake was better, and that the shifts in POV could be jarring at times, but this keeps getting better and better.

What's surprising is most of this is still before the "Waterless Flood" (or as we knew it in Oryx and Crake as the plague epidemic). From my understanding, the third book in the series will deal more with the aftermath.

I love that we get to know more about Jimmy (Snowman) and even Glenn (Crake). We get to see how even further they altered people around them, even before... Well, I can't go any further than that. That'd spoil more than a few things for you.

Still have a ways to go, but I think it's safe to say that this is another winner in the MaddAddam trilogy.