michaelcrane

Wait for Signs: Twelve Longmire Stories
Craig Johnson
Progress: 105/184 pages

Random Babble 10/6/14

Watched the movie, Horns yesterday. They have it on Amazon Instant (and iTunes, I think), so I grabbed it. I was pretty psyched to see it.

For the most part, I was pretty happy with it. Yes, they did have to alter and change things. The ending isn't exactly like it is in the book. But overall, I thought the movie did a really good job of capturing the spirit and tone. The book's better, but isn't that always the case?

I'm usually pretty hard on movies based on books, especially when I've read the book ahead of time. I enjoyed it. And Joe Hill is pretty happy with the movie, too. So that should tell you something.

Is it a flawless and perfect adaptation? No. But is it one of the better adaptations out there? I'd say so.